On Saturday, January 23, 2016, Get Back Wisconsin will partner with the Madison Music Foundry to produce a one-day Beatles workshop
Goal: Participants in the workshop will experience hands-, ears-, and minds-on, the various aspects, benefits, challenges, and principles of preparing and performing Beatles songs, when the aim is to stay true to the recorded versions.
9:00-9:45 Introductory session (in the big rehearsal room):
- A quick overview of what we are doing and why
- A few words about each of the specialized sessions
- A short performance by GET BACK WISCONSIN
10:00-11:00 Specialized sessions round 1 (in the big room + 3 others):
- Drums (led by John Nokovic)
- Bass (led by Steve Morgan)
- Keyboard/Strings/Winds (led by Aviv Kammay)
- Guitar (led by Geoff Blake-Horst and Sean Michael Dargan)
11:15-12:15 Specialized sessions round 2
- Vocals (led by Sean Michael Dargan and Steve Morgan)
- Beatles literacy: Discography and bibliography (led by Geoff Blake-Horst and Aviv Kammay)
1:30-2:30 Specialized sessions round 3:
- Self-contained “inauthentic” Beatles covers for the solo artist (led by Sean Michael Dargan)
- Arranging Beatles covers in the practical world (led by Aviv Kammay and Steve Morgan)
2:45-4:15 Practice time in small, ad hoc ensembles, each facilitated by one or more Get Back Wisc. members.
4:30-6:00 Closing session (everybody back into the big room):
- Performances by workshop participants
- A live rehearsal by GET BACK WISCONSIN (using Rubber Soul material)
- Q&A with GET BACK WISC.